Thinking of finally replacing your home’s roof? You have to start by considering tile roofing.
Replacing your roof is a significant investment, which is why it’s important to be aware of the handful of benefits that tile roofs bring; apart from their classic and beautiful design.
In this article find… facts on the installation process, tile roof benefits, comparison to metal roofs, and maintenance information.
Tile roofs come in a variety of colors and styles, making it easy to find the perfect one for your home. Here is why tile roofs are a popular choice for homeowners:
Top 7 benefits of tile roofs:
– Durable, can last for up to 50 years
– Resistant to fire and wind damage
– Good insulator and can help reduce your energy costs
– Insect and rodent resistant ( a pro for everyone )
– Easy to maintain and don’t require much upkeep
– Add value to your home and give it an elegant look
– Beautiful tiling that enhances the appearance of your home
How is the installation of a tile roof carried out?
The first step of the tile installation is to remove the old roofing material and install new roof sheathing. Then, the tiles are installed starting at the bottom edge of the roof and working your way up. It’s important to make sure the tiles are installed properly so they can withstand wind and weather.
The installation of a tile roof typically takes two to three days, depending on the size of your home.
What is the care required for a tile roof?
Your roof can last over 50 years if maintained in proper conditions, which is why maintenance is so important.
Top maintenance tips:
– Keep trees and branches trimmed away from the roof, this will help prevent damage to the tiles
– Inspect the roof regularly for leaks or damages and repair as needed
– Clean the tiles occasionally with a mild detergent and water. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives
– Keep your gutters clean so they can properly drain rainwater away from the roof
Are tile roofs a good idea in Florida’s climate?
Tile roofs are durable and resistant to the sun and rain, making them perfect for our unpredictable and humid weather. Tile roofs are also able to withstand the high-speed winds that come with a hurricane in Florida. And, they are highly resistant to rot and insect damage that might affect a shingle roof.
Tile roofs VS. Metal roofs
Tile roofs and metal roofs are both popular choices for homeowners. They each have their own benefits and drawbacks.
Biggest differences and key points:
– Tile roofs are heavier than metal roofs, so they may be better suited for homes that don’t experience high winds.
– Metal roofs are more susceptible to fire than tile roofs.
– Tile roofs can be pricier than metal roofs depending on the house size.
– Tile roofs require more maintenance than metal roofs.
Which one is better for you? That depends on your needs and preferences, needs, location, and budget but with all the correct information you can make the best choice for your home.
For more information, contact us! We can answer any questions you have about tile roofs and help you decide if this is the right option for your home.